Helper functions for processing REDCap data in R.
‘REDCap’ (Research Electronic Data CAPture; https://projectredcap.org) is a web-enabled application for building and managing surveys and databases developed at Vanderbilt University.
Working with choose one questions
- make_choose_one_table: print a
janitor::tabyl style table with a variable label. This function lets you print one choice from a choose all that apply question.
Working with choose all that apply questions
REDCap exports the responses to a choose all that apply question into many similarly named questions. tidyREDCap helps summarize the responses with two functions:
- make_binary_word: converts all the responses into a single descriptive “word”
- make_choose_all_table: converts all the responses into a single summary table (coming soon)
Working with repeated measures
Projects that have repeated assessments with different questionnaires/instruments export with holes in the CSV. tidyREDCap will parse the export and create tables for any of the the questionnaires/instruments:
- make_instrument: makes a tibble for an questionnaire/instrument (coming soon)
The development of this package was supported by:
- Healing Communities Study: Developing and Testing and Integrated Approach to Address the Opioid Crisis-New York State.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse, 1 UM1 DA049415
- CTN-0094 Individual Level Predictive Modeling of Opioid Use Disorder Treatment Outcome.
- Florida Node Alliance Of The Drug Abuse Clinical Trials Network NIDA UG1 DA013720
- University of Miami Center for HIV and Researching Mental Health (CHARM)
- University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center